Brunch!!!

Oh, how I love brunch! How could anyone not? Breakfast and lunch combined with sweet and savory treats, dessert and even some bubbles 😀 What makes a perfect brunch? The answer to that will depend on who you ask. My own opinion is that balance makes a perfect brunch - sweet and salty in perfect harmony. I have a bit of a sweet tooth so I always have to reign myself in when planning a brunch. Also I think it's important to pick dishes that can be prepared beforehand. It makes the life of the hostess a lot easier.




Here's the menu for the brunch in this picture:

Bagels - Plain and Poppy Seed
Scones
Fresh Bread with Nuts, Seeds and Dried Fruit
Jams - Apple Cinnamon and Strawberry Passion Fruit
An Assortment of Cream Cheeses
Cold Cuts - Turkey, Ham, Turkey Salami
Sliced Vegetables - Avocado, Red Bell Pepper, Basil, Red and Yellow Cherry Tomatoes
Boiled Eggs
Juices - Apple and Orange
Marshmallows
Fruit Platter - Strawberries, Grapes, Passion Fruit, Kiwi, Mango, Watermelon, Papaya and Pineapple
Lemon Poppy Seed Baked Donuts
Easter Yogurt "Cheesecake"


I'll be posting recipes for all these goodies (except for the bread, which my colleague's wife made. I don't have the recipe for that unfortunately). Stay tuned!



 




Comments